A summary of the situation, probably redundant for most people:
- Nerdvana is for sale, and we moved out in September.
- We moved into Nördhöll, the house we were attempting to buy, in Edmonds.
- We are sharing the house with our friends Mickey and Ogre. Four adult humanoids, four cats, and a dog, in one house. It's been working out surprisingly well, possibly because we've got about 3800 square feet to work with.
- Nerdvana wasn't selling. Time passed.
- In late December, two things happened:
- We found a notice of default on the front door, and discovered that the seller of the house had not paid his mortgage. Starting in June, three months before we moved in. Before the house was listed.
- We finally got an offer on Nerdvana. The foreclosure will likely happen sometime between late March and late April.